Thursday, March 16

So, Thursday. What's that all about?

I am working a couple hours earlier than usual today. So I am more tired, but somehow less surly, which is nice for the callers. I have had a couple of sad calls today, luckily our phone department is really cool and put a rush on the orders. One was for a sick person who needed a medicine pump that is monitored through a phone line. No phone line = no medicine = they can't come home yet. Got the order ok'd, got a tech scheduled, got it frickin' done! The other was a man whose daughter got a DUI and will be on house arrest. When that happens, you can't have any features (caller ID, call waiting specifically) on your line because it messes with the phone monitoring system, and you will not be able to check in and you will be sent to jail, and you won't be happy then, will you? The daughter didn't tell him til today that it starts tomorrow. It usually takes two business days to get that done. We can do it tomorrow! All I'm doing is scheduling the shit, other people are actually doing the stuff. Still, I feel like I've done some good today. Can I go home now?

3 comments:

  1. excellent! you're a go getter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes,thanks, but I am totally done now. It's evil and destruction from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Some details have been changed to protect customer privacy.

    ReplyDelete