Friday, September 9

Corollary to my previous post

Do you ever dislike someone for no good reason? I do. I'm conflicted, I don't believe we have to like everyone, but the guilt is still there. Sometimes I'm really super nice to people, because I don't like them. It's a sick, sick midwestern girl thing. There's another category, people it's difficult to even acknowledge, much less be nice to. The members of this subgroup are usually nice to me, and really only marginally annoying, and aren't universally hated by my peer group, but all I can manage is a sickly sneer or a brief 'how ya doin' if I absolutely can't avoid them (this is the same reaction I have to unfamiliar or scary people or imaginary people). The upshot is I can almost always find someone to share my spite.

No comments:

Post a Comment