Monday, September 26

Do you think class matters in America?

Well, you are WRONG. Unless you are right. It totally does, buster. The New York Times recently did a series of articles on class distinctions and they have this sort of cool interactive graphic you can try out to see where you fall. It's sort of a meaningless exercise unless you fall in the "upper middle" or higher, you elitist snob, or you needed to shore up your inferiority complex.
NY Times interactive graphic
I did it and I'm somewhere in the 40s percentile-wise. I guess I was boosted in the rankings by the dollar value of my collectible spoons and that year of secretarial school.

4 comments:

  1. Damn it. I am middle class. What's the fun of hatin' on the man if the man is you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you're barely middle class. Don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll be rapidly downwardly mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My policy is "If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting link. Hmmm...it puts things in perspective i guess...

    ReplyDelete