Monday, March 6

I'm so busy and important

This week I am taking care of many animals while Crapnasty and fam are in Texas. Two turtles (Jerry & Mary), and 3 goldfish (Larry, Gary and Junior Jerry), two tanks. It's quite harrowing. The turtles eat dried grasshoppers, so I have to touch dead bugs twice a day. Also, the grasshoppers don't smell great. The fish food doesn't either. The fish make weird faces at me. Jerry won't let Mary eat any of the bug husks, hopefully she is catching some of the little tiny fish in their tank (not Larry or Gary or Jr. Jerry, they have their own place). And Jerry seems to be attempting to make sweet turtle love to Mary, and she isn't having it. I don't want to get involved in their melodrama! It's not even clear if the genders of the turtles matches their names, so it's possibly a sort of women-in-prison scene going on, or gay cowturtles on the lonesome prairie. Or it's like watching a dull underwater soap opera, and the snail is going to shoot somebody or turn out to be Stefano DiMera.

The goldfish are in the boys room. They have a monkey-noise doorbell thingy, which I discovered when I brushed past it and almost had a heart attack. The fish are going mah-mah-mah at me, and an eerie cackle fills the room. Then I see the monkey doorbell. All is well.

6 comments:

  1. I know, right? It would go with your awesome dish towels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely wonderful, something dirty.

    is this jerry the turtle, you ppl have named the blog after? and you are confused about it's gender too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, exactly. Someone gave CN advice on how to tell, I'm not sure if she figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dish towels rule, SD. This weekend the Mr. and I put up a picture of the two of us holding a monkey. The monkey outshines us by far. He's sucking his thumb and looking oh-so-cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh. Precious. Monkeys are quite adorable, as I'm sure your husband is, but at least slightly less hairy than a monkey, one hopes

    ReplyDelete