Friday, August 25

Just got back from the mall. I have some bad news.

E (crapnasty) is the one who brought this issue up, I mean I noticed, but she really brought it into focus. I don't think she's going to blog about it, so it's my job to share this bad news. Ok, the 80s are back, and not like last year or the year before, but in a big, awful way. Some people can do the look (like the fine women of Ear Candy and many others of my acquaintance), I don't think most can. Leggings? The skinny jean? Oversized sweater, in fuschia stripes accented with a big ol' belt.

We discussed stock piling boot cut jeans in case the skinny-skinny legged jeans threaten to take over the stores like the extreme low-rise did so very recently. It's not a flattering look for most women, and you know what comes next? Looser pants, but tapered. After all the missionary work Oprah has done along with the ladies from the British show What Not To Wear.

5 comments:

  1. in india i somehow never managed to observe fashion but melbourne, is a self-confessed nightmare of a place for fashion.

    regarding those thick big belts, they are in and so are their horrible cousin which is strap of leather about 2 to 3 inches wide which tapers into a string and goes around your waist about 4-5 times. it works like this, if you are tall you use a contrast color which cuts your height and if you are short, you choose similar shade to your dress - and it starts from just under your bust to just on top of your bumm.

    and, EVERY shop window has it - it might (MIGHT) have been a brilliant idea, but you know when you see it everywhere with everything you lose objectivity!

    did i go off tangent, SD?

    ReplyDelete
  2. neha - No, not at all. This is a fashion discussion. Do you have one of those belts?

    LHR:
    ...and she's dancin like she's never danced before. Actually, that is how I dance, as though I've never danced before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gawd! like, gag me with a spoon! totally bogus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no no absolutely not!!

    i stick to my most unfashionable clothes!! ;P

    CN, you are not alone in this at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely refuse!!!! What a nightmare that would be. I so hope it doesn't catch on.

    ReplyDelete