Sunday, August 27

The Emmy Awards

How dumb is this show? It's pretty dumb. Why am I still watching?
______________
No, it's really just the preshow that sucks. The entertainment reporters, particularly Billy Bush are snide and passive aggressive and at least half of the stars they snag for their interviews are visibly uncomfortable.
+++++

I'm watching this on TiVo, and I had to reboot my computer seventeen thousand times, so I'm about half an hour behind on the broadcast. It isn't exactly live blogging, but whatevers. The intro is pretty cool.

Conan O'Brien's plane crashes on the way to the Emmys. He ends up on The Lost's island, and decides to go down the mysterious hatch... which takes him to The Office. He climbs down, and Dwight goes, "Dammit, Jim!"

Jim: "No, I did not have Conan O'Brien drop down from the ceiling."

Then Michael makes a lame joke, Conan makes an Officey-type interview comment about the potential for "will they-won't they sexual tension that ultimately goes nowhere" with Pam and makes his exit.

Now he's on 24, and I don't care again.

Ooh, it's House. Good times. He's giving Conie whatfor. He seems to be diagnosing him as pasty and flaccid.
Now he's on South Park... the "In the closet" episode. So best!
Ooh big applause from the audience for calling Tom Cruise gay, or at least picturing him you know in the 'closet'.

Now Conan's on Dateline: To Catch A Predator. Conebone69. He makes a run for it. He's there, a-hosting. I'm 45 minutes behind the broadcast.

I used to like watching Late Night, but lately he's gotten a bit lame. Like he hits the punch lines too hard and aims for Leno-esque applause over edgy humor. He is doing well so far tonight... I don't know how much longer I can watch this. Thank Jebus for fast forward.

His instruction to winners: Don't thank your parents in your acceptance speech; if you grew up in a happy well-adjusted home you wouldn't be in show biz.

More goodness! A musical number! Take off of The Music Man. "We got trouble, with a capital T and that rhymes with G as in gee, we're screwed." About NBC of course.
Lerve it. Can't believe this is how I'm spending my Sunday night, this is much better than what I originally had planned.

Megan Mullally won. She annoys me, I'm skipping her speech.
+++++
If I keep skipping the winner's speeches I'll be caught up pretty quick.

I love the authoritarian/efficiency expert thing Conan is doing. He's got Bob Newhart in a sealed glass tube with exactly 3 hours worth of air. Better keep them speeches short.

================
Blythe Danner won! Awesome. And she looks great. Huff was a good show.

Will Arnett wuz robbed. Anybody disagree?

Kelly McDonald has a very pretty dress. I know I've seen her in something else, what was it? Love that accent.

8:24: I'm 40 minutes behind the broadcast. Who's even still reading? Bob Newhart looks nervous.

John Lithgow: lovably annoying. Heidi Klum reads surprisingly well.

How to pick between the Daily Show and the Colbert Report?
Do you think Jon and Stephen have tension? Jon's a producer on le Report, n'est pas? So anywhoo, The Daily Show won!

Cloris Leachman just shook her tits!
And while I was rooting for Arrested Development, the My Name is Earl dude gave a wonderful acceptance speech.

2 comments:

  1. I just love Blythe Danner. She has been a great guest star on Will and Grace.

    Who says older women aren't sexy? Man, I think Blythe Danner still totally has it going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's gorgeous! And a great TV actress. Her work shows that TV has its merits.

    ReplyDelete