Sunday, August 27

Hour three: The insaning

Charlie's Angels: So much plastic surgery! Farrah Fawcett is getting twitchy. I can't wait til she jumps off the stage and starts stabbing Chris Meloni with a kitchen knife she hid in her bodice.

No? Not so much. I guess.

Boring speeches with shots of stars in the audience trying to look thoughtful. Some where in heaven Aaron Spelling is sleeping.

Eva Longoria looks sort of odd. I know my tv sucks, but is she completely orange all over?

Yeah! Colbert and Stewart! Can you tell I'm a fan? Ah good work. I'm mad Steve Colbert lost to Barry Manilow, too.

How do you choose the best reality show? Isn't that like choosing your favorite kind of poop? You know what I've noticed? Like, everyone I know except one or two people, enjoys reality tv on some level. Especially those who hardly ever watch tv, they're all "I don't watch much tv. I have better things to do." Then they find themselves, on a rainy afternoon watching hour after hour of Laguna Beach or Project Runway.

Wow. 9:26. I'm six minutes behind the broadcast. Jealous?

I'm bored but I can't stop watching and blogging and watching.
Perhaps it's because I have other shit to do. Nah, I never procrastinate.

Now it's the best part: All the People Who Died. I didn't realize how many cool people died. Richard Pryor, Darren McGavin, Al Lewis. I so sad. What a fucking downer! Christ.

I'm about a minute behind the broadcast; it's 9:35. Will somebody call me if Bob Newhart passes out?

My computer crashed again and lost my brilliant comments on Helen Mirren's 'ass over tit' comment. And the funniness that followed. I'm impressed that so many people are either able to improvise or deliver quickly written material so well.

How's this for insult added to injury? Five actresses, four from cancelled shows and the one who still has a job wins?
Damn, that's cold.

I didn't know Peter Krause's last name was pronounced 'krauzah'. Isn't he from Minnesota or something?

Kiefer Sutherland won for actor in a drama. Remember when Julia Roberts left him at the altar? No? Me neither.

4 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious, Dirty, you are blogging up a storm! Fingers flying all over the keyboard so that those of us who missed the Emmys can have the next best thing - blog-commentary Emmys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    It's my gift to humanity. I was awash in regret this morning, but it can't be unblogged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, my favorite kind of poop is firm, yet pliable. Not too greasy, mind you. Two wipes, and you're done. No funny business. Just hand the teller your note, drop the kids off at the pool, and haul ass out to the getaway car.

    ReplyDelete