Friday, August 18

DEATH TO CAPS LOCK?

This seems slightly excessive. It's annoying when abused, but I have two programs at work that require all caps, well I guess it just makes using them way easier, but anyways. They are proposing doing away with the key entirely because of annoying people who abuse it and because with case-sensitive passwords, sometimes you gotta retype it if you have caps lock on. Boo hoo. Who has the energy to turn this into their big cause?

Here's the story from Wired.

4 comments:

  1. I support the death of the caps lock key. It is one thing to be visually assaulted by the office marm who insists on using a pink, cursive-like font with a flowery green background for her supposedly professional office emails, but it's quite another when it's SHOUTED AT YOU IN ALL CAPS. It is a throwback that should be thrown back. If software requires all caps, then the software makers can easily write the applications to convert any text entered into whatever case they wish.

    On the other hand, this comment is about as much effort as I'll ever ben willing to expend on the subject. I have ducks to feed and neighborhood children to harrass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Neighborhood children!

    I found that Wired story on the Consumerist website, accompanying an all-capatlized Wal-Mart complaint letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAYBE WE SHOULD REPLACE OUR NORMAL KEY CAPS WITH SPIDER MAN AND SPONGE BOB STICKERS!!!!

    Sorry, that was my lame attempt at humor.

    Now, back to your regularly scheduled blogging....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you did there! Not lame at all, Rand. I mean, I laughed. but I guess I am easily amused.

    ReplyDelete