Sunday, August 27

Hour two

Hee. Damn.

Simon Cowell.
I don't understand people. How is this guy so popular/hated? I don't like American Idol, at all. And I'm going to fast forward thru most of the Dick Clark tribute.

...Aw, no. His speech was quite sweet.

Oh, a callback to the trapped-Bob-Newhart joke. Good times.

Evangaline Lilly: great dress. Creative arts Emmys: borrrring.

Guest stars on dramas are often the best part. Doesn't Christina Ricci look weird?

HBO has the most nominations this year, 95... I haven't had any premium channels since May and I didn't miss them after the first week. Except maybe Penn & Teller Bullshit. Why didn't that get nominated for something?
................
Howie Mandel and Megan Mullaly. Fast forward!

This is the lamest pseudo liveblogging ever. Actually I haven't read any liveblogging since I quit my daily Gawker/Defamer habit.

Ha! The director of the Emmys one for last year's Oscars. Sweet. You would think he'd keep his speech a bit shorter. THey're giving him the music! Ha! And he's directing the cameras thru out his speech. That was pretty cool.

LOL. Funny things happening on the teevee. Too complicated to ype. Wouldn't be funny anyway.

I'm glad I'm wasting my time like this.
>>>>>>>>>>>

Why didn't Colbert go up with the rest of the Daily Show guys? He was on their nominee list as a writer. Wouldn't that be a swell job? Lots of pressure however. I've heard that comedy is tragedy plus time. Their turnaround time on the tragedy that is world news is a bit too fast for me to keep up with sometimes.

Oh! Mah! God! TiVo just had a guest spot!
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hearing Hugh Laurie's real accent is kind of weird.... fortunately (?) he's speaking French.

I don't like Matthew Perry's hair! But he's still very funny.
Bradley Whitford is graying.
Both look swell in their suits. Grrr.

Don't know who to root for for best comedy actor except "not Charlie Sheen".
Eh Tony Shalhoug won, that's cool. He's acting all nervous and a bit Monk-ish... oh but it's all an act. I think Kevin James is going to kick his ass in the parking lot.
******************

What the fuck is Candace Bergin wearing?

It's 9:13. I'm at 8:55. Catchin' up!

Aaron Spelling tribute. Ok, I feel churlish, but fast forward! On to hour three... wait did whatsisface say "He made tv that just tasted good."? My, he was a goofy looking young man. Who actually looks better old and gnarled? Aaron Spelling does; god rest his soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment