Tuesday, November 1

Opposing repression, orthodoxy, and collectivism!


J. Johnson pointed me to this site. She found it while she was doing research for one of her classes.
http://www.promethea.org/
Umm. I'm scared they're going to come and get me if I make fun of them. So, you guys mock them in the comments and we'll see what happens. It's a little libertarian, a little anarcho-capitalism, a dash of Objectivism, with a side order of eugenics!
So, you ask, what is Prometheanism? I still don't know. But here's a start. Psych! Not so much. But it gives you a taste.

Prometheanism is the philosophy that inspired the foundation of the Promethean movement. It is especially concerned with inspiring and guiding the actions of those within the movement, especially Prometheans, the leaders of the movement, who have the task of exploring, developing, and clarifying Prometheanism for themselves and others. Prometheanism as a philosophy certainly has something to contribute to the lives of everyone, however, not only those who are involved with the Promethean movement.

6 comments:

  1. Everyone on this blog seems afraid, afraid to use their names! Prometheans, come and get me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like our code names better. I'm not afraid, more like ashamed. And rightly so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. Oppegaard isn't the greatest last name, either. People in high school called me Oppie. They're all dead now, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost completely unGoogle-able. Apparently the phrase 'something dirty' occurs quite on the internet. Wouldn't have thought that. My real name is nearly as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you, Whackly.

    S.D., I bet you're real name is Hootie McBoob.

    ReplyDelete