Wednesday, November 30

I would really like to be at home right now.

I work in customer service. The following paragraph only applies to about 1% of customers.

If you have had 15 trouble calls and your picture isn't completely perfect, or your phone still has static, perhaps it's time to stop threatening to go to a different provider and just do it. Clearly it's not working out, and it's time to cut your losses. If you call us 7 times a day for a week straight, for any reason, and/or you think we have it in for you personally, you might be crazy, or at least an asshole. I mean, I do hate you, but it's transitory, fleeting. After we hang up I forget all my former enmity. Nobody here cares enough to spend time and effort messing your shit up, am I right? And I don't hate all customers. But this guy I'm talking to right now, he's a drag on society and needs to be eliminated.

Is contempt for all humanity a good enough reason to go home sick? An argument could be made.

9 comments:

  1. Maybe you should leave the customer service profession, SD, and concentrate on vampire hunting or something. I've given thought to this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, first you want to be a pirate. Now it's vampire hunting. I'm so there, but where do I get the start up capital?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sell plasma! hudnred bucks a shot. the guy I work with does it, he use ot by one of the people that take your blood, for money, unlike cheap ass vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SD - I'd like to loan you a phrase I have for people like your asshole customer:

    "Well, that guy's just a waste of skin."

    Don't overuse it. It will lose it's shock value. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I have to go conquer my loathing of needles. Here in St. Cloud they only pay 20-30 bucks a pop. Maybe your friend actually is selling to a vampire. Let's go kill that vampire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be worse, for me, dealing with people face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. especially if they had no face to look at, and you found yourself staring directly into their dark, oily soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey man, that is definitely a more proportionate response to the problem. Plus, I'd have to tell you first if I was going to go postal, cuz I don't know anyone else to borrow a gun from.

    ReplyDelete