Thursday, November 2

Nah, no.

So I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. Because somebody (RMGS, ahem) said I should. It started yesterday, so I have plenty of time to give up. You are supposed to average 1667 words a day to make it to the 50,000 word goal. I guess that's what makes it a novel for these purposes. My 'novel' is terrible, but I'll totally post parts maybe. So far the characters ate lunch, then they took a community education class.

Since the emphasis is quantity over quality, I think it would be a snap, except for the time issue. I think the characters will be wearing clothes that take a long time to describe, and have weird dreams, and discussions that are pointless and trivial. I described the plot to one friend as a Lifetime movie meets the Simpsons (and, no, it's not autobiographical), and as horrible as that sounds the end product will actually be much worse. I am so psyched.

3 comments:

  1. COOL! I wouldn't even know where to start. I'm sure it'll be great, can wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so rad! I gave much thought to doing it, but ultimately I'm too much of a chicken. Bock Bock!
    I know you will be a novel-writing rock star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds fun as all get out. please share with us!

    ReplyDelete