Sunday, November 5

yee ha

I drank two shots last night without getting sick. It was a fun party, {[thanks for inviting me, R]}. I also met another blogger, The Pirate of Selby Avenue. Furthermore, I drank two shots without getting sick. I said that already, but it amazes me. I guess they weren't that strong. The first shot was a Mexican herbal licoricey tasting thing; I can not remember what it was called other than than it started with an X and had many consonants in a row. This is not an effect of the alcohol I'm pretty sure, just a long ass name. The second shot was sake. I think the reason I didn't die (or wish for death this morning) was that it wasn't tequila. I also had some lovely umeshu, Japanese plum wine. Never had that before.

7 comments:

  1. interesting. i went out friday night for one beer and had 3 beers and 2 shots and didn't get a buzz. i dunno why, but sometimes i can't get a buzz, sometimes i get a buzz and sometime i get drunk and then 10 minutes pass and i am sober. wtf? it was all right except i am crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Glad you didn't die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sick to blog about booze, isn't it?

    There were also cheese straws, rumaki, and artichoke dip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You met the Pirate! What a scurvy rascal he be.

    His house is actually about 100 yards from my house (diagonally through the block) here in lovely St. Paul.

    Two shots, eh? Yer not the robust partier that the Pirate be, Yarrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, man, he wasn't even drinking that night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If memory serves, I believe the Pirate stuck to Fresca...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You drank the Mexican version of Jagermeister and lived to blog about it? Yowza!

    ReplyDelete