Tuesday, November 21

Do not ask me for directions

I got lost tonight. Spent 45 minutes driving to get to someplace about ten minutes from my home. I think for a while there I was on Mrs. Todd's Shortcut, only the longcut version. I went to a party that JJ (jumper) was throwing. It was a jewelry party. I have gotten a whole freaking lot of jewelry lately; it's been a lot of fun! But the getting lost thing... I have such mad skills. I have like dyslexia but with places. I have a vague and fuzzy picture in my mind of where I am and where I want to go, and in between the two there is a vaguer and fuzzier darkness.

I wish there was a vitamin I could take to make me smarter at this type of thing.

8 comments:

  1. I feel soooo bad!!!! I'm like that too. I'm okay if I have specific directions but if I get turned around, it's over! I hope you had an okay time besides the getting lost part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... it's like the internet and cell phones don't exist! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. leave it to whackly to rub a little salt in there for ya. lol. wish i had something encouraging to say but really, i just don't understand getting lost. i have tried. and i can't do it. i would love to, really, maybe i'm not applying myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i am terrible too. i went for a jog to a place and got lost while coming back - seriously lost, ended up at the other side of the town and had to ask someone to come and pick me up (i called from a macdonalds - never been happier to see the macs). i think i am still scarred after that experience. and i did not carry any cash or mobile with me because i was just going for a jog. you really cannot get worse than that.

    the lesson to take home was - roads that seem like going straight actually wind quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently, I must elaborate for whackly McSniderson's benefit... I had directions, I had a cell phone. The people I called very politely had their cell phones turned off for the presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, jumper it was a good party! I had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. me too!!! Thanks for coming. You know I'm not really a 'host a party' type o' girl so it was a little painful but not nearly as much as I anticipated. I'm sooooo excited for the jewelry though. I want my ring!!!! I wish they'd just ship the shit already. I'll ask Karla when I talk to her tonight or tomorrow - finalize etc...

    ReplyDelete
  8. and, no the ring isn't for the big M - just for me cause I like it!! I might use it for that though. My kids keep telling me L. bought me a ring and it's supposed to be a secret. Gotta love 'em (despite the comments on my blog)

    ReplyDelete