Sunday, November 26

It's benefits time! Yay!

If you are lucky enough to have access to benefits like a Flexible Spending Account, here's a cool tool I found linked on Lifehacker that will help you estimate your costs and savings.

WageWorks Health Care FSA Savings Calculator

I could save a couple hundred bucks on taxes if I use my FSA right next year. And like my workplace's Aflac rep says, if you get to the end of the year and you have money left in your account, you can stock up on over the counter drugs, contact lens solution, first aid sundries or whatever. My lazy paperwork-avoidance side has to duke it out with my cheapskate side to decide if I'll contribute to my account and how much.

3 comments:

  1. That flex-spending account stuff is such a pain. I don't think the new insurance we have has a fsa option. Bummer eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, all i want is a JOB!

    this is becoming unbearable. (the joblesness, not your blog ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that, HonBun. If you lived around here, I'd tell you to apply where I work.

    ReplyDelete