Sunday, July 30

What up?

Last night I drank white wine (with ice, of course) and beer (no ice. Ms. M got blood blisters opening the beer bottles with pliers, I owe her a bottle opener at the very very least). I also played Cranium. It was fun. I always forget how fun board games can be. Board games are the new black. I dub them cool. Sadly, my declaration does not have the force of law, or of actual coolness.

Cranium is fun because the categories are good for almost everybody, combining elements of Pictionary, trivia, charades and word games. It's simple but has variety. There's not much trickiness. The only strategy I can think of for this game is not to put the nerds on the same team. Nerd power multiplies.

Some games are way too fucking complicated. Like a lot of card games. Is it sad that I don't have the patience or concentration to learn the rules to pinochle? Phase Ten? Sometimes I get lost during Go Fish and forget who's turn it is.

This morning I watched QVC. It was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an excellent weekend. I will give iced wine and board games a try next weekend!

    ReplyDelete