Sunday, July 9

My weekend: It was fine, thanks.

I went to my high school reunion. We basically went to O'Leary's Pub on Friday night, then the VFW Saturday night. We did a class picture across the street from the VFW, on a sort of grassy knoll. Then we adjourned to another bar. Actually, the organizers wanted us all to meet up at some place in WF, Border Town I think? We went to Playmaker's instead, a select group, the creme de la creme. A woman at the reunion said something really beautiful. I mentioned that people seemed willing and even happy to talk to people they didn't really know in high school, we weren't all trying to impress each other, it was a very nice vibe (although there were a couple of exceptions). I said we've all changed. She said "It's called humility." True that, Heather. True that.

Then I came back to St C today and had a little cookout with a few college friends. It was good too.

I was going to write a bunch more, about the nature of friendship and assorted other bullshit, but it's nothing you haven't heard. I hope you all have a good week.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend. No danger, good conversation. Humility, yes. Unfortunately that's what it takes. Hope you have a good week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to hear about a good weekend. Hope it transitions well into a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're a better person than me. my 15th year HS reunion is approaching and you wouldn't catch me there to save my life. yes, i'd rather die than spend any amount of time with the people i went to high school with. that's how much i hated that place.

    but i'm glad you had a good time at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a good time, too. Of course it's always great to see you, SD, and our Colorado Friend, but it was a very good surprise that I was actually happy to see other people, too. People I hadn't thought about in years were mighty amazing.

    By day two of the reunion, I was kinda just done with the whole thing though. Day three was never gonna happen, but I knew that before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I agree completely. It was interesting. I think we discussed people psyching themselves out, that it's going to be some massive trauma, and believe me I was worried. That's why you need 1) Some friends along for backup, 2) an escape route, 3) access to alcohol, not so much that you scream "Hey, it's that guy! He's awesome! Hey, awesome guy, what the hell is your name again?" Ahem.

    Also, A. Preston is now my MySpace friend. Jealous?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn jealous. Was she going to do some sort of routine on Saturday? I'll have to start looking for her on imbd soon, too.

    ReplyDelete