Saturday, July 15

Happy Birthday, Dear Blog.

Yes, yes, one year ago today, Jerrry the Turtle (the blog, not the turtle) came into being. Ah, the halcyon days of youth. Here's some of my favorites... ah nah, I don't feel like going back and rereading all that stuff. It's too fucking hot.

Blogging has had its ups and downs, times when I took a break, other crap. I've met some really wonderful people and I'm glad to know you all. I hope I can also continue use this blog to keep in touch with my former co-workers, who are each wonderful in their respective wonderfulness.

I went walking this morning, thinking to enjoy the day before it became awful and sweltering. I only made it about half a mile. The geese were sitting in the shade and weren't happy to have me walk by; I was going to find another route, when I realized my water bottle was already empty. So home I went, then off for a couple of errands. I tried walking at the mall, too goddamn crowded. Fucking Saturdays.

So now, though I can see the sky is a pure blue and the sun is pure too and everything looks lovely through my window, gentle breeze and all, I will spend most of today inside with the AC on, watching TV, maybe even reading.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not wonderful in any way and you know it. Take it back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider it undone. The comment should not have been made universally. But perhaps... isn't 'wonderful in their respective wonderfulness' sufficiently faint praise (I'll explain why) as to be entirely acceptable, even to one of your vaunted humility?

    Why the praise is faint: My celebration of various wonderfulnesses could be construed as sort of a 'everyone is special, we all cross the finish line so we all get hugs' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete