Wednesday, February 1

Here's what bothers me about the Oprah/Frey thing.

Here's what bugs me:
Oprah's people do shitty research. They've been taken in before. And the verisimilitude of Frey's book was questioned back in 2003, in the Star Tribune.

So I finally watched the one where Oprah rakes Frey over the coals. Thank goodness for DVR! It was pretty good. She cares about truth, dammit. Then she had all these staid journalist types on who were close to wetting themselves from the excitement of being on her show. This journalism professor kept trying to get a laugh; it made me sad.

Then I watched another episode of Oprah, this one featuring Anderson Cooper and Lisa Ling; that was sadder than the unfunny professor, because of the poor babies and gang members. Then I watched Dr. Phil, an episode about compulsive hoarders. Then I threw a bunch of shit away, because I started to worry that I was compulsively hoarding the shit. So it had to go.

Oprah v. Dr. Phil.
Oprah is mostly awesome, but just a dash evil. The power of Oprah compels you!
Dr. Phil is mostly full of shit, but he has some good ideas. You need to go to his website and check out the upcoming topics. You could be on the TV! That would be awesome. The one I saw last night is gone. Was it all a wonderfull dream? It said, "Do you know a bitch?" Oh, boy! Do I ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment