Thursday, January 25

If you fall I won't catch you! I won't be waiting! (line from a tv show)

I went to dinner with people tonight, and this woman was describing the gorilla who visited her work for her co-worker's birthday. I was all, "I know him! I know that gorilla!" Actually it was the girl gorilla but I know her too.

In case you are confused by this, shut up. The gorillas have a singing telegram company!

I drank coffee again. I can't believe that shit is legal. My mind is racing, my jaw is clenched, I can't stop humming. I feel like the kitty in the post below looks.

The only thing bad about this coffee-with-dinner thing is I will have trouble falling asleep and I have had interesting dreams lately; dreams that I would like to revisit. Here are the last four dreams I have had, in summary, starting with the most recent:

4. One out of every four people were automatically fired at work. They were picked randomly after their first 90 days. People kept coming back and trying again, and getting fired again; they were just unlucky.
3. Everything stopped working. Like electricity and phones and the whole entire interweb. But, like, my dream had poor continuity, because at one point, for no reason, the tv worked again and I was watching scenes from my hometown. I saw this girl from my high school walking with masses of people. I was like, hmm, she must have moved back from Nebraska or wherever. Then everything shut off again and everyone stayed home and waited. I don't know, the whole thing was a sort of low key, slow moving apocalypse.
2. I met this woman who ran a whorehouse, she also made very specific costumes for her 'ladies'. They were large doily-looking dresses. She was very rich.
1. I was staying in this big room with four doors that opened to different places. I was traveling with people from my current job, but I had become separated from them and wouldn't be able to find them unless I could guess their code names.

You see why I like to sleep?

6 comments:

  1. Dreams are wierd. Or is it weird? I can't think right now.

    Very interesting dreams you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i love dreams. i can usually have a good one every night. some more fucked up than others. but i love hearing stories, so feel free to share more in the future.
    dreams are a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to do the legwork on this so I won't. But isn't each of those 4 dreams a movie plot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could be. I had a dream last night too, I think it was kinda interesting but I woke up a lot and that made it more difficult to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a horrible dream where everyone at my new job called me Grape Ape because i was wearing a purple sweater. it was terrible.

    i had chosen to wear the purple sweater the night before, but when i woke up, i said "there's no way!" i was going to put it on.

    Grape Ape. lovely, huh? :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. I'm sorry but that made me giggle a little. If anybody calls you Grape Ape just kick some ass! No one will mess with you again.

    ReplyDelete