Saturday, January 27

I have sneezed so many times today.

And as I thought about righting this post about sneezing, I thought "Why would anyone want to read this?" With me, questions like that lead inevitably to wondering why anyone reads most things. I mean, if you suspect that religion and philosophy are tricks we play on ourselves, and you don't need something informational, like a recipe for goulash or a how-to on proper engine maintenance, what reason is there to read? Sometimes I read almost compulsively (calling it a compulsion is probably not precisely correct; if anyone out there can think of something, let me know). So having a billion and twelve blogs out there to choose from, whether they are good, worthwhile, or relevant to myself or not, is wonderful and saves me from reading, once again, the text from the box of cold medicine that is sitting on my desk.
"Stop use and ask a doctor if
-redness or swelling is present
-you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless
-new symptoms occur
-fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
-pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse of lasts more than 7 days
-cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be the signs of a serious condition."

I'm waiting to sneeze again. I'm going to settle in with my new book.

1 comment: