Wednesday, January 3

Boom

My neighbors like bass. This evening, every half hour or so, I've been treated to the thudding reverberations of their shitty music. Why the interval?

Do you ever have that feeling that something is in your eye, like an eyelash? But there isn't anything there. I've had that feeling all day. I've tried to avoid rubbing my eye, I've avoided it for hours at a time.

My new year's resolutions are possibly these: buy more shoes, trust my instincts, read more, wear more jewelry, eat more apples, relax, swear more, avoid old people, watch exactly the same amount of television (I mean it, I've struck the perfect balance), most ambitious: get rid of half of my possessions, keep better track of celebrity gossip, blog regularly, hide from meanies, sneer more.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that is an awesome list.

    "swear more..."

    fuck yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bow a little bit to one of my new heroines. that list is way better than my half-hearted attempt to lose weight. again. lol
    well done and good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perhaps they are watching a dvd of a tv series and only the music at the beginning has obnoxious bass...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a different song everytime! Otherwise your theory is brillllliant

    ReplyDelete