Wednesday, December 14

Il neige.

Last night, when I cleaned off my car, I noticed that this snow is perfect for snowballs, snow persons, and forts. It has a foolish consistency, a little sticky, pellety, crunchy and somehow a little fluffy. I wished there were people around with whom to frolic. But it was 1 a.m. When I got inside my apartment, I could hear someone screaming outside, but I felt too shy to go out and ask for their help building a snowman. With a corncob pipe (or a cigar) and a button nose (I only have baby carrots in the fridge) and two eyes made out of coal (I might have charcoal somewhere). Then it would come to life. Terrifying. And such a responsibility. Mea culpa, dear snowthing.

I haven't looked on my balcony lately. I wonder how much snow has accumulated there. If it's a lot, I could play quietly there. I've always wanted to make a Calvin & Hobbes-style snowman, like in the strips awesome Rhonda sent me the other day.


After work, I babysat CN's kids for a couple of hours. Well, not really, they were asleep the whole time. I thought about waking them up so we could hang out. But instead I just laid on the couch, and read Blogagaard's book and watched TV.

Ooh, did anyone watch Carson Daly last night? Yeah. His guest was Jennifer Love Hewitt. His ex. He seemed genuinely nervous. It was, if not great tv, interesting tv. His show was less sucktastic than usual.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, you watch Carson Daily but say Conan's not funny anymore? Strange days indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did watch Conan last night, and it was pretty good. I like when he strangled the guy in the audience. Maybe I just needed a break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conan is, and always will be, the funniest late night talk show host. I say have to use the "late night" qualifier because we all know even Conan withers in the brilliance of Tony Danza. Daly blows harder than Jim J Bullock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Props for the correct use of French on your blog.

    Dirty girl ROCKS! w00t!

    ReplyDelete
  5. w00t! I remember weather from high school French. french is cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. I back whackly on Conan.

    Walking to school with my kid this morning, we pummeled a bunch of his classmates. It's colder, so they were more like ice balls then snow balls. I totally took down half the second grade class. Awesome power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not working has its benefits. I bet it was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No matter what anyone says, I will always love Conan. He's going to be my husband someday. Present husband is fine with that, although he feels the need to point out that Conan isn't very attractive.

    ReplyDelete