Thursday, December 22

Cheery Mishmash, everybody!

Unless you are not the Christmas type, for whatever reason, then just have a lovely weekend. Sometimes I just want to stay home and have pizza on Christmas. But my mom would tweak.

Ignore the following advice. Who the hell do I think I am? I'm not going to do any of these things.

Eat something good. Don't eat things you don't like; if someone makes you feel guilty about not eating their holiday specialty, invite them to bite you. Hopefully they will not take you up on it, but will take the message in the spirit intended. Life is too finite to eat cookies that taste like crap and baking soda.

Practice calmness and forbearance and reflection when you see kids throwing tantrums in the stores. It must be hard to be a kid this time of year, hauled all over town shopping, visiting dumb relatives, having advertising for everything in the whole world shoved at you constantly, not being able to process it. It's no wonder they freak out every so often. And avoid getting pissed off at the parents not understanding, fer instance, that a 3 year old out at 9 p.m. on a Tuesday, surrounded by loud people and toys they cannot have, might be easily upset. Does it really get you anywhere? No, it does not.

Don't buy anything for a few days or a week. Even groceries, if you can make it on what you have on hand.

Flip off Santa at the mall, but make sure no one else notices but you and Santa. Asshole never brings me what want.

2 comments:

  1. Who's bells do ya gotta jingle to get a decent present?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice phonetic spelling. During my break I took my own advice and watched a kid open presents (Tara B.'s little girl). It was awesome. She got a pink lamp, it matches her room.

    ReplyDelete