Tuesday, December 27

HGTV

I watched a lot of HGTV this weekend. I guess that's how we celebrate Christmas. HGTV is, well, I don't know. Some of the shows follow a certain formula, trying to build suspense about things that are fundamentally only mildly interesting. Which huge fucking house in the stupid-expensive suburb will the yuppies buy? Will a different set of yuppies be able to auction off their family heirlooms for enough money to pay for new wallpaper in their dining room? I watched this stuff for a couple of hours between eating and napping.

7 comments:

  1. I watch HGTV with Clurg's parents. Then I come home to our dingy, four-room rental house that smells of dog and whatever the hell Clurg just cooked, and I breathe a sigh of relief. No one's filming this place anytime soon, so the pressure's off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way to think about it, Amy. I used to really love those home decorating shows, especially Christopher Lowell. I don't know who I am anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen this channel you speak of. Are you telling me home decorating is on TV now? Like This Old House?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like This Old House without the flannel-shirted Vila, which was the only reason to watch This Old House in the first place. HGTV exists to make people feel bad about not having perfectly decorated homes with eternally clean bathrooms.

    By the way, I'm working on a new floor plan for your apartment, Op. I've got some preliminaries sketched out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet. I hope it's as functional as it is delightful.

    But I won't loft!

    Just say no to lofting!

    Too many injuries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw. Lofting is lofty. Yes, HGTV has shows about crafts, Americana, collecting crap, making junk into other, less useful junk, making pretty junk and junking up pretty stuff, all to try to rob you of your time and money. Ha! They don't realize I am too lazy and poor to convert chicken wire, foam core and SoCo bottles into a functional and lovely room divider.

    Hey, amethyst, for david's place, may I suggest a theme: Opium den meets Frank Lloyd Wright. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i saw that one too, with the dumb kayak.

    ReplyDelete