Wednesday, September 20

Stuff people did at my old job that would not fly at my current job

I did not personally do all the things on this list.


-Crossword puzzles/sudoko

-Homework

-Sewing, quilting, knitting, scrapbooking.

-Any computer game

-Checking personal e-mail

-Catching up on your blog reading

-Online shopping. Online anything that isn't online working.

-Covering somebody's desk with post it notes when they are gone for a few days (that's wasting supplies! Think bonus, dammit!)

-Covering somebody's desk with balloons

-Adding confetti to an inflated balloon, pinning it to the ceiling above someone's desk, then trying to throw pens at the balloon to get the balloon to pop.

-Making darts from t-pins and flower pens and using them to pop balloons. Screaming with laughter.

-Putting staplers and remote controls into balloons.

-Hooking up a Playstation to the company's tv-on-a-cart, playing during work, and staying after work is done to keep playing.

-Work on your home business, stuffing envelopes, making calls, doing your taxes, filling out financial aid forms, making and receiving dozens and dozens of personal calls

-Spinning in your chair until you get dizzy and/or nauseous.

-Excercising at your desk (LOL. Self magazine? 60 second fat blast? In Shape with Sharon Mann? Good times.)

I know I'm missing lots of good stuff. What though?




-

9 comments:

  1. the balloon full of confetti was cool... and, for the record, there were no playstations involved. I've never heard such insolence.

    Can you guys make pictures of genetalia with magnets on a metal door?

    Are you allowed to watch PPV movies from your desk or record your favorite show on the demo dvr and watch it when it's slow?

    Can you take advantage of your wireless headset to go have stupid fake arguments with each other over by other groups of co-workers?

    wv:kcboileg

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful place! why did you leave, again?

    and seriously, how often was all this done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. neha,
    Our company got sold to a competitor and they moved into our building.

    We goofed around online and stuff all the time, but the real weirdness was just once a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man - those were the days!!! I miss that soooo much. You are so funny - 'screaming with laughter'. That was the best reason for gettng in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJ, did you ever see the e-mail Whackly and those guys got from JK saying something along the lines of "Please stop making chicken noises. They are bothersome to other staff."

    ReplyDelete
  6. How in heaven's name would you hide working on a quilt? That is just extreme!

    That balloon machine sounds pretty tight, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No i never got that email - I think I may have heard the chicken noises though.
    We never had to hide anything really. I remember when Lori and I did 1000 piece puzzles while working - we had our table set up and everything - time flew. Stuff like that definitely wouldn't fly at my current job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jumper, you and Lori assembled 3 500 piece holograph Star Wars puzzles that we actually jazzed up movie poster images for the original 3 films. I glued them together and still have them today. I just looked at them now. those were better times, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is cool as hell you still have those - I totally forgot about those - didn't you hang them up somewhere - if I remember correctly you had to comprimise with the wife on where you could hang them or something like that.
    I still have the first one we did. It's so pretty. I glued it but need to frame it so I can hang it up.
    Yes, those were the times!

    ReplyDelete