Sunday, September 3

A night at the Ritz

I went to the Lit6 season premiere last night. Chris asked me to help her at the door. It was fun, and I got in free. And we got to use handstamps. I was a bit caught up in taking money, making change, asking people if they wanted the red stamp, the blue stamp or one of each (I totally recommend one of each), and crossing names off The List, that I forgot to tally how many people came in. I think more than 150, less than 200.

Highlights in no order:
-When Steph saw me walking towards the theater, she announced, "Something Dirty this way comes!"
-I met Rand. He is very cool. I'm not just saying that because he reads this.
-All the ladies from the writing class were there: Chris (of course), Heidi, Ginny, and Haley. I miss those guys, writing and talking and drinking wine with them.
-At any given time the universe is giving you what you need.
-Can openers, and pens were mentioned.
-The beer was excellent. The theater is gorgeous, the restrooms well appointed, the water fountains dispensing deliciously cold water.
-I told Geoff's mom she should go check out the gift bags from the Smitten Kitten. Heh. I don't think she picked one up.
-I do know those things went like hotcakes, hotcakes with free lube that is. There was a variety of bags, some including items with multiple speeds. One lucky man was brandishing his new cock rings -- on his hands -- after the show.
-The band Big Trouble performed too. They are having guest bands at all the shows this season I think.
-I picked up a copy of The Rake, another show sponsor along with the Smitten Kitten and Summit. Steph Ash is in there. You should totally read this.


This one is not a highlight, not really a lowlight either: I couldn't sit still so I watched the show from the left door for a while. Then I went upstairs for a bit; I know the identity of the heckler! It wasn't me but I'll tell you who it was for a dollar! It was cute heckling actually. Then I went back downstairs and hung out by the right door. I tried to make sure my perambulations weren't noticeable or distracting to the audience or performers. I sat on the floor for a while.

It rained like a sumbitch on the way there and back. I think the power was out in part of St. Cloud, at least the traffic lights weren't working. It looked eerie. I was very tired and I kept thinking, did I make a wrong turn? Am I about to come up to the light at Clearwater Road or am I about to realize I'm in St. Augusta or somewhere totally random? Ah but that was a mere moment of doubt. Soon I knew I was in civilization and soon after that I was home.

8 comments:

  1. It was an awesome show! And you are cool, too, Something Dirty.

    Man, that was some tasty Summit beer! And that is a very nice facility - I had not been there before.

    Can't wait for the next show on Sept.16! 4pm at the Ritz, just a few doors down from the bright orange 331 Club in Nordeast, for those of you reading who've never been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting! I would check it out, but I have plans on 9/16. Maybe after that. Who am I kidding--I'll never go. I'll probably put off my own funeral after I die. I procrastinate a lot. I never do anything good. I might as well just lie down in the street and die.

    How as that? A little thick on the melodrama? Could I have taken it over the top a bit more? My acting coach said I need to be more daring. So I grabbed his nuts, twisted them counterclockwise, tied them to the legs of the chair he was sitting in and dared him to not shut the fuck up.

    I was feeling a little teste that day.

    That's right. I went there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I won't really procrastinate. I'll go. Promise!! Just not 9/16.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling a little... oh, you funny. There's a whole season to go, hope to see you there, Jer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at my best friend's wedding during the show. That rain, and thunder, that couldn't have been a good omen....

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! It's not a good omen at all. Or maybe it's horribly romantic?

    No it's just a terrible sign of things to come. Mazel tov to your friend and his bride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah now i know what the shows are like, a little bit.
    i procastinate a lot, but even if i didnt it would have been difficult to come!

    ReplyDelete