Tuesday, September 12

I can't think

of anything to write. Well, yes, I can, but too many things.
Here's a quick list:

I went to a friend's house for dinner; she showed me her 60 day sobriety medal. We ate roast beef and potatoes with carrots and onions. I brought cupcakes for dessert.

Then we watched House. I like that show, it's somehow predictable and edgy at the same time.

In tonight's episode the kid thought he was being abducted by aliens but actually he absorbed his twin in the womb and that's what made him sick or something. I'm not sure, I didn't actually read the link I used above.

What I am sure of: Fox's House website has a page called "Research: To help fuel all your hypochondriacal tendencies". Doesn't have the zygote absorbing stuff from tonight's episode.

It also has a list of House-isms. I haven't found the perennial favorite "Everybody lies." It's so reassuring yet bleak -- see, this show is a study in contradictions!

Gnarls Barkley's new single is a cover of Violent Femmes' Gone Daddy Gone. I like it. I like how he sings every lyric quite clearly even though they may be slurred/screeched in the original. As in, "I could you love you babys a crime." Or is it cryin'?

You may know their (his? is it a guy or a band?) ubiquitous song about "maybe you're crazy, maybe I'm crazy, probably." You know the one? Here's what this song has achieved: the first radio station I heard it on was Drive 105 (alternative). The next station was KCLD (top forty pop/rock/hip hop in St. Cloud). The next was probably Cities 97 or Kiss 96. But the last? Mix 94.9. Next stop is Light 99! Maybe! Maybe it's already there! This is unusual!

At work, scheduling is complicated. Jen, how did you do it?

How does anyone do anything? I really want to know.

Another friend was telling me about her new house. It's in Colorado in a place called Pooter Canyon. Ok, it's actually Poutier Canyon, but everybody pronounces it Pooter. It's near Fort Collins. Sounds very cool. Their backyard will be adjacent to a mountain. Can't beat that.

4 comments:

  1. i know pooter canyon... it's right down the road from beaver creek right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that GB song "Crazy". The Raconteurs did a kick ass cover of it at their show I went to at First Ave last month. Two words: aw...yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and we have someone new in the admin department. She'll be working 11-8, weird sched, huh?

    ReplyDelete