Tuesday, June 27

Very exciting shopping expedition

Today I was in one of those moods where I feel great and have lots of energy but I shouldn't have credit cards with me; I was reading a home decorating magazine; and I was a little bored. A deadly combination. Fortunately I exercised my brilliance at Goodwill instead of the mall. When I start buying furniture and art because it makes me laugh, it could turn out beautiful or well, laughable. I'm betting on the middle ground.

I picked up a few shelves and frames. Then I saw the green office chair and the side table with the mucked up finish - 99 cents a piece. Inspiration and cheapness combined. Then, then, then, guess what?! A huuuge painting, a seascape. It's as long as the couch, and above the couch it shall go. I was quite thrilled to see it, and it was a mere $3.99. That's like... a penny a square inch or maybe less, and of course it is also very beautiful art.

Twenty dollars and nine cents later, I crammed all this junk into my car. Then I hauled it up to my apartment. Now I am wondering how best to arrange my new loot. The green chair is nice and comfy.

3 comments:

  1. I know, right? Thrift shopping is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very creative so I probably won't be doing that anytime soon. Sounds like a hoot though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A hoot indeed. A hoot and a half.

    ReplyDelete