Monday, October 17

Ooh baby baby

I was at a baby shower yesterday for a good friend. She's been married for...3 years I think? Damn.

Two guests who were recent new mothers began sharing their 'cute' stories of emergency c-sections, vomiting, episiotomy, various scars and traumas. "Did you throw up? I threw up so much!" One woman shared the following insight: "Can you imagine if you didn't know your husband? It would be so embarassing!" I guess it would be. Huh. Thanks for sharing, lady.

I had a hard time finding the place -- Yahoo maps lied! It said the turn was 0.7 miles down the road, more like 2 or 3 times that, by which time I was starting to hyperventilate. Better yet, I was looking for Meadow Oak Dr, and I saw Meadow Oak Av first, turned there, then I saw Meadow Oak LANE. The streets of Monticello need to shut the hell up.

I also got to see the pictures from my friends' wedding. T.V. got a photographer who had a sort of arty/journalistic style. Of course, I was mostly looking for pictures of me. Der. I only hated the way I looked in half of them, which is better than I expected.

1 comment: