Thursday, October 20

Notes from the job search

_I hate looking for a job.


Once or twice a week, when someone else leaves, goes on an interview, talks over their prospects, a little frisson of panic creeps up my spine. For a couple of hours I'll look at job websites, look at my resume, read MSN articles on cover letters and corporate survival. I assure myself that I'm really getting started. I spent ten minutes inspecting various papers, linen, cotton, 24 lb, 32 lb, at Office Depot. You probably don't need me to tell you I haven't gotten much done.

Today I printed a few copies of my resume (thanks for the paper Rainbow!). There's a job fair at a major employer in town that is expanding. I was going to go, but no. My reasons are probably just excuses, so I won't bother going into it. I'm going for a walk instead.

2 comments:

  1. Since I haven't quoted this to you yet, to quote Bruce McCullogh, "The only thing worse than having a job, is lookin' fer one."

    ReplyDelete