Saturday, October 15

Miscellany


Here's a bunch of stuff that I've saved up in my e-mail. Why, I don't know anymore. Hey, at least I've stopped e-mailing it to people, I'll post up here and you can just not read it, without having to delete it too.

Did you know...

fishers (fishermen, fisherpeople) usually harvest caviar from dead fish? Poor fishies. I never thought about it, as a non-consumer of fish eggs. I do remember that help-wanted website radio ad "You squeeze the feesh" in a heavy Russian accent.

advice to job-seekers is often discouraging, confusing and contradictory? Maybe it's not so at all, it's just how I'm feeling this week.

that I'm eating mint chocolate chip ice cream right now?
that Krissy brought ice cream to work today?
my ice cream is getting all melty?

"really, the more we discover new stuff, the stupider we get" ? Dahlia Lithwick is another entry in the sporadic series on writers I like pretty well. Intelligent design does it all!

Amsterdam is very gezellig?

"Gossip isn't just useless blather"? I would link to it, but it's from the NYT, so it's archived now. Gossip strengthens social bonds (duh) but more interesting, establishes boundaries, and enforces unspoken rules in groups. It's done equally by both genders, often in different ways and for different purposes.

Hey, this is one of those annoying blogs where, like, every other work is a hyperlink whatchacallit. I hate myself so very very much. (See "If these words were people, I would embrace their genocide.")

No comments:

Post a Comment