Friday, August 5

Confusticate it




1st topic:
How would you define the facial expression on each cat's cute widdle face?


2nd topic:
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical.
- Niels Bohr, physicist (1885-1962)


NOTE: While I am under some stress, I will not be forcing cats to don headware any time soon.
3rd topic:
Hell of a week. Puddles the Wondercar is finally out of the mechanic's clutches. New apartment news: One of my neighbors apparently enjoys cooking pungent food, the odor of which pierces walls and permeates clothing. The second bridesmaid dress of the summer cost twice as much to alter as the first one did. The car fixin' was ... I don't like to think how much. Then there's the rest of this weekend. I haven't bought a wedding gift yet! Shit! Gravy boat! Exquisitely expensive salt and pepper shakers! Table linens! Singing plastic fish thing! Have to check the registry! Then pack! The hotel...cash bar at the reception (just gotta get somebody to buy me drinks)...

There are things you just do as a bridemaid. Orange, yellow, purple dress? Debate the relative merits of seemingly identical ribbons? Drive to 8 stores in 14 cities? Spaghetti straps, high waisted dress, damn-hell-ass shoes? Check check check. I also volunteered to help cut 150 squares of tulle with one girl, was deeply disappointed when I couldn't help the other glue personalized labels to mini candy bars with the other (stupid tenner shift). I like the shoes, both pairs, even if they are a tad uncomfortable. I should really wear heels more often.

2 comments:

  1. #1 - Kill
    #2 - Me
    #3 - Now

    Do you think you could get cats to wear heels too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their cute little paws don't have the right arch support. But I'm sure fiendish minds are churning away now to contrive something fitting.

    ReplyDelete