Monday, August 29

The Weekend

On Saturday, I was taking my nieces to the park. They were each riding one of my old bikes: Co on the pink & gray striped ten speed w/the skinny tires, Mo on the later-era 'mountain bike', this one pink and purple. Both very cool, awesome bikes. Mo wanted me to ride 'her' bike, so I did. I went down the road a little ways, and started to turn in the little t intersection by the railroad crossing, when the girls started yelling, "Where are you going?! Come back! We can't go near the railroad tracks without a grown up!"

I advised them that I am, in fact, a grown up.
Co (9 years old): "How old ARE you?"
Me: 27.
Mo (almost 8): "Do you have kids?"
Me: Yes. I have several children, but didn't want them falling under your influence, Mo, so you've never seen them.
That was pretty much it. We went to the park and had a fine time.

No comments:

Post a Comment