Thursday, August 18

Food for Thought...Delicious.

From today's Merriam Webster word of the day email:

The Word of the Day for August 18 is:
meme \MEEM\ noun
: an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture

Has anyone else noticed this word around a lot in the past couple of weeks?
Here's my point: Doesn't almost every 'idea, behavior, style, or usage' spread from person to person? Sometimes two people spontaneously come up with the same idea with no reference to each other, sure. Other than it's fun to say meeeeeem! -- what interests me is the twin factors of something both evolving, and being contagious in a sense. But it's not just trendiness. Or is it? Is it just a smartypants way saying something is trendy? I'm pretty sure this is kinda pointless, but what the hell, it's my day off. I vacuumed the living room, that's my big contribution to society for today.

1 comment:

  1. Please noted: post edited for length. So sorry to tax your patience and time with my yammering.

    ReplyDelete