Tuesday, October 3

Hey, the sock thing

They eliminated the hosiery part of the dress code at work. A bit too late for sandal season, but still a triumph. They haven't announced it yet, which is weird. If someone bitches that so-and-so isn't wearing pantyhose, L in HR just tells them it is ok to do that now. There will probably be a posting at the end of the week. What I am wondering about is the guy who always wears Birks with socks. Will he bare his toesies? Let's all hope not.

L of HR (kinda) mourns the change, even though she knows it will result in fewer fashion travesties in the building . It was the easiest part of the dress code to enforce. You are either wearing socks or not. You could make a weak argument, try to say your legwarmers fit the qualification, but clearly they do not. And they certainly are not business casual! No sirree bob!

It's possible I lack the required disposition for my job. That's a whole 'nother post though.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe no one cares about the damn socks!

    Today an IT guy put a crawl across our internal website that was very funny, something about nudity being allowed, and then specifying it meant only partial nudity; of the ankle specifically. Only he put it much funnier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I care!!!! I really do!!!! I personally like the sock rule. I don't like feet - yuck. I don't like not wearing them either. I feel naked without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, very very different Jen. Altho Jen K.'s husband might like music trivia, I don't know, like I didn't know about JM's husband's like of same. JK trained me in at my new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah... well then she can go to hell!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete