Wednesday, December 20

Xmas shopping

I have 3 brothers who are very different from each other, yet I got them all the same thing. No, it was not socks, plaid shirts, or candy. Although candy might've been better. But no, I'm sticking with this. Spoiler alert: if you are my brother (and who isn't?) and you don't want to know what your present is, stop reading here. Ok, here it is: thumb drives. Yep, 256k of sweet, sweet storage. I figure it was a slightly more exciting gift than compact fluorescent lightbulbs. Not too much more exciting, I don't want them getting the vapors or anything.

I went to the mall to do this shopping. It wasn't so bad. I was chatting with this guy at work, he didn't like the way Christmas is so commercial "these days". You know, the commercialization of Christmas doesn't bother me. I can't control if other people decide to drive themselves nuts, or spoil their overprivileged brats, or feel the need to outspend their neighbors on useless crap. Let's not worry about every body else, shall we? Let's be chill.

7 comments:

  1. BTW, you may or may not have read my own experience with flash drives (aka thumb drives). I have 1 MB, which is great for carting a tv episode or two or a few albums worth of MP3's to someone who doesn't have a fast internet connection. Or the smaller ones are nice to keep a few documents handy, including scans of important papers and pictures of your favorite Fox News anchors or your own genitals (strictly for medical purposes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Totally. I was thinking, hey, at least I know they all have computers... I know one of my bros already has a few, but I have a hard time shopping for those guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, if anyone has an idea for a ($20 or less) gift for a 13 year old boy, please share. My nephew Ray is 13. He still seems like a little kid to me, but I guess he probably doesn't want, like, a stuffed animal or some shit like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's tough for under $20. I was thinking of a dart board? I might get one for Jarod. I'll probably play it more than he does.

    Anyway

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thumb drives, eh? i hadn't heard that name for them yet. only jump drives and memory keys. regardless, that's a mighty fine gift.

    ReplyDelete