Tuesday, December 12

Beep beep beep-beep

I woke up to the sound of many beeps this morning. Usually there are a few. The beeps sound just like my alarm clock, except louder and from much farther away, and I hate them. I think it might be a garbage truck backing up, lots of times. Because the garbage collectors hate me; I'm sure they think I don't recycle enough. This morning, the beeps were more insistent and accusatory than usual. I even rolled over to check to make sure it wasn't my alarm clock. But no, it was too early for that yet. So I endured the beeping by burrowing under the pillows until the alarm clock piped up to join it's beeping brothers outside. Half asleep, I had a theory that something about the weather made the beeping more, hmm, prolific than the usual Tuesday.

Noooooo, the beeping wasn't in my head. It was garbage trucks. Or maybe some trucks from one of the businesses nearby. I'm almost sure of it.

2 comments:

  1. can't believe no one commented on this sad psycho post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just got here. but i live across from a catholic church. and the bells ring on the hour, plus at certain times like 6 pm they ring about 33 times. for real, they ring all night. i guess now the only time it really bothers me is when i am trying to hear someone talk. then i wanna scream! ok, so sometimes i still want to burn it down. but i refrain. good luck with that. i hate those ear-piercing beeping noises.
    i can't have my alarm set on beeping. it gives me a lil heart attack. i feel for ya

    ReplyDelete