Monday, April 17

TV Turn Off Week is Next Week

Screw that. I hate joining stuff. I only observe Buy Nothing Day because I'm poor. Do you know how backlogged my DVR would get? Wait, how about this compromise? Maybe I will just watch shows I previously recorded. And I'll cancel all the upcoming recordings unless it's like The Office or something.

Some television programs make for fine viewing yet are roundly abused; performances having only genius, wit, and taste to recommend them. Like a super good episode of a super good show? That's double-super good, and worthy of one's time. See how that works?

Some people prefer books, and I'm a bookworm myself, but have you been to a bookstore lately? There's plenty of printed material more craptabulous than The O'Reilly Factor, Two and a Half Men, and {insert your least favorite reality show here} put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment