Friday, April 21

Oh Swoon

So I fainted at work the other day. I was a little tired & I probably shouldn't have ask Doordolt so many questions about his spinal injections. It was interesting though. Fainting is kind of interesting too, as long as you don't bump your head or something. Had a weird dream, can't remember it. Usually it actually takes the site of blood for me to lose it, not just a description of a medical procedure. I looked up syncope on WebMD and called urgent care & talked to a nurse. It's not dangerous or anything, just a moral failing. They didn't say so, but I could read between the lines.

When passing out is described in books they don't get it right. Maybe for other people it's like that: Then blackness swallowed her. Then he knew no more. For me it was like waking up in the morning. Suddenly I was lying on the floor at work and D was shaking my arm. The weird things were I didn't know where I was right away, and I swear to god, I couldn't feel my arm until I saw it.

I know I'm doing well because people were giving me shit last night; for instance: my luck in avoiding the tender ministrations of certain co-workers in my vulnerable state. Thanks guys.

6 comments:

  1. HAHAHHAAHAHA... ministrations

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed out while skydiving once. Luckily, I was strapped to someone else who was able to land us safely. True story.

    Glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn. Ok, maybe I won't go skydiving. Or maybe I will. How long did it take you to wake up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wihs I could faint sometime. Maybe when my boss is yelling at me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you could fake it. What works for me is thinking about gushing spinal fluid and intensely painful injections. Lucas jumps out of planes. You gotta find what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with mr. oppegaard. i wish i could faint on cue. it would get me out of some sticky situations, for sure.

    ReplyDelete