Tuesday, February 6

It's Tuesday already!

Boy, you know, I seem to be getting dumber. I used to have some command of the English language, including such things as grammar, spelling, and syntax. Actually, I'm not sure what syntax means, or it I ever really knew. I'll look it up later, unless I forget. Let's face it, consider it forgotten. The fact remains, I don't know as much stuff as I possibly used to.

I was really pissed off that it was snowing this morning, because I didn't know it was supposed to snow. I asked someone if it was in the forecast and yes, yes, it was. I guess I got all excited that the high temp was going to be above zero and stopped reading. I saw this van do an awesome loopy-loop on the road. The driver turned left onto the road I was on, but kind of kept going into a 360. Then he stopped. He ended up right at the stop sign, had to turn right and drive around the block to get back to where he was supposed to be. I've been there, dude! Keep on trucking!

6 comments:

  1. scary! But cool when you see it work out!

    As for the spelling and syntax: I've always known I can't spell, but only recently learned I can't grammer, either. I am sorely disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yeah, but that's what reference books are for, right? Good ol' White and Strunk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't use it you lose it. Wait til you have kids and they suck every last memory cell you have left right out of you. Someone should study that. I know life gets crazier after having kids but that can't be all there is to this memory loss thing.
    I used to know what a gerund (? spelling; too lazy to look it up) was. Now I don't. Anyone?

    The guy doing the 360 - I thought you were talking about me for a second. Yep, I almost ended up in the ditch this evening. Ooops - I see what they mean about talking on the cell phone and driving.

    Anyway, I feel your pain on the not being as smart as before thing. I hope it helps to know your not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dunno about the memory loss being from kids...i have no kids and yet my memory is really shitty. and yes, we do get stupider as we get older. we stop using our brains for shit that we don't necessarily want to do. we used to have to do homework and shit, now we can just read up on something IF it interests us enough. or, better yet, ask a smarter friend for the answer so you don't miss what's on t.v. that's what i do! hahaha, i can't grammar. nice. i have a lil picture that says, "can't brain today, i have the dumb". good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it was a 180,,,,,,,,, I mean, I didn't have a protractor or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my week goes fast until thursday, and then it crawls til friday at 4:30.

    my individual days go by fast until 2pm when i crash hard and can't concentrate on a thing.

    not that my job requires me to concentrate or anything...

    ReplyDelete