Saturday, February 24

Can you hear this?

The ringtone of choice of young whippersnappers. Apparently lots of people over 30 can't read it, but many can. I can't hear it, and I wonder if I ever would have heard it because I think my hearing is kind of bad. I think I killed some of the higher frequencies during a particularly hectic middle school band practice or something lame like that.

Also, here's an entirely unrelated thought: I recently realized that I have frequently resented the fact that time runs in only one direction. How dumb is that? How can you not bring yourself to get over the bare facts of existence?

4 comments:

  1. Ack! i can hear it and it's painful! why would anyone want to have that as a ringtone. it's ridiculous.

    although i show my age with this as my ringtone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a guy that sells a device based on that frequency to keep kids and teenagers from loitering outside of businesses without annoying adult customers. I'm going to install 5 of them on my house and amplify them so the neighborhood kids can't enjoy playing in the their own front yards. Their laughter and shrieks of youthful joy cut through me like broken glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, that noise is awful. i have a hard time hearing lower frequencies, but those high pitched ones make me crazy. i can hear the buzz of the t.v., of small fans, sometimes even from the computer. not cool at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't hear it, and I'm pissed. I'm only twenty-four, goddammit, and every day something happens to make me feel old. I'm begging gas station attendants to card me for cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete