Sunday, February 11

Good to know!

Some of you might remember that we used to lament about not being able to get satellite? You know, my apartment faces east so I still don't think it's an option for me, but maybe somebody else can use this. From this post.

...the FCC has ruled that Homeowners Associations can't restrict you from having a dish, neither can landlords in the case of renters. Of course, HOAs and landlords will both try and bully people into thinking that they (the HOAs and landlords) have total control, but they don't.

All the rules are here.

And I've excerpted part of the page:
Q: What types of restrictions are prohibited?

A: The rule prohibits restrictions that impair a person's ability to install, maintain, or use an antenna covered by the rule. The rule applies to state or local laws or regulations, including zoning, land-use or building regulations, private covenants, homeowners' association rules, condominium or cooperative association restrictions, lease restrictions, or similar restrictions on property within the exclusive use or control of the antenna user where the user has an ownership or leasehold interest in the property. A restriction impairs if it: (1) unreasonably delays or prevents use of; (2) unreasonably increases the cost of; or (3) precludes a person from receiving or transmitting an acceptable quality signal from an antenna covered under the rule. The rule does not prohibit legitimate safety restrictions or restrictions designed to preserve designated or eligible historic or prehistoric properties, provided the restriction is no more burdensome than necessary to accomplish the safety or preservation purpose.

6 comments:

  1. Hi SD,

    A favor - and this is going to sound so odd - can you please let me know if you or anybody around you was having a specially loony day on 12th feb (which would be 13th here) or if they have it on 13th feb. (I know this is sounding terrible!) Its just that for some reason people around here have just gone crazy (oh me included, as might be obvious), and I thought I'll just ask if it was happening somewhere else as well...

    *ah with this, curiousity killed the last shred of sanity i could lay my claim on*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen any of that, I've been feeling weird but it's been my normal state of weird. Anybody else? I'm trying to think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear mercury is in retrograde... maybe that's what's causing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read a story about retrograde ejaculations. maybe that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. umm, i guess nothing out of the ordinary, then. but if you had heard conversations around my office that day...

    random random conversations that did not make any sense.

    ah but only conversations...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm, i know i am commenting a little late here, but i have been all sorts of freekin weird lately. weird things, like i have spilled more liquids in the last week than i have my whole life. pop, water, pop again in a different room, pear juice (from a fruit cup, water again, so i have started to use sport bottles, with caps. but i forget to cap them. thus, flinging them from my desk with a flailing are so hard they fly off and hit the door. it's been nutty.

    ReplyDelete