Thursday, February 15

Covetousness

Has anyone else been listening to the MPR pledge drive? I am coveting the 40th anniversary red stoneware mug. Unfortunately, I don't have the cash or enough generosity to actually make a donation and get one. So I'll be cruising the thrift shops in a few years, hoping to pick one up for seventy five cents.

I'm enjoying the thrill of guilt, as they hint occasionally that by not donating, you're pretty much stealing. It's amazing. Isn't listening to public radio supposed to make you feel smug and virtuous? It's not working right!

They've been playing some of their 'greatest hits' interviews on Mid-Morning, which is awesome cuz I listen at work, and I miss stuff sometimes. My favorites replays have been Nora Ephron bitching about how old and rich she is, and the pediatric neuroscientist who talked about kids' learning styles and "leaking linear chunks" and whatnot.

4 comments:

  1. Mel LeVine... yes he was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Oh, yeah, linear chunk guy. He was so excited and spazzy, he was fun to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sure know how to lay on the guilt. I almost donated some money that I don't have because they made me feel like such a freeloader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! One of these days I'll fall for their siren call

    ReplyDelete