Wednesday, January 18

Jerry the Turtle: Super Secret Edition

We're doing that "good impression" crap at work again: no surfing the internet, no reading at your desk, no crafting, no juggling bowling pins, had to take the mini bar home, etc. Our 'supervisor' suggested we make signs to show we're on break, so we can check our email during lunch or whatever without arousing suspicion and ire. We wouldn't want the buyers to think that January is a slow time for us, and we've lost 40-50% of our call volume. Because they wouldn't know that. And if they do figure it out, some of us may be laid off sooner. If they do it, I hope they take volunteers.

Can't write much longer. They may be watching right now! If anyone wants to e-mail me, that would be simply lovely. somethingdirty at gmail. I will check surreptitiously throughout the day! Vive la resistance!

7 comments:

  1. how do you pass the day? i'd rip my hair out if i couldn't surf the internets or laugh at scientists all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i stared off into space for a little while, then i fidgeted. i drank a lot of water, then i used the restroom. i took the long way there and back so i could look in at other departments. i dusted whackly's desk. i threw away some old post its. i made a mental list of office signs i could probably get away with stealing.
    Then after 6 or 7, nobody was around, so I went back to my old web surfing habits. & today I'm opening a small browser screen to check my email everyonce in a while! good times!

    Honey Bunny, do you work with scientists? I would laugh at scientists but they are hard to find

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i work with scientists. well, for one two more days i'll work with scientists. i work here.

    i hope to find a similar job in Mpls, only one that offers growth and (of course) a lot more pay...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Death to the Proloterat Comrads! Bring the Bourquois pigs to their knees!

    Wait, benifits package? Healthcare and dental? Two months paid vacation?

    Go about your business, there's nothing to see here.

    -Jami, call me, we'll do lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SD - Get yourself a privacy screen baby! Your computer will look blurry to everyone but you!

    I love what ABH said and can totally relate.

    And who's excited that it's almost time for HB to move here? I am! I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. me too ! me too!

    ... i hope she'll be able to find anything nearly as astrophysical or harvard-y here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. and J, we simply must do lunch. have your people call my people.

    ReplyDelete