Tuesday, May 23

pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile

I was reading this article on the troops coming home, how nobody understands what it is like, and once the parades and parties are over, they are left to readjust to life here. We can't understand what it's like, and we shouldn't pretend we do. Of course, everyone who knows a soldier knows their sacrifice, even if we can't understand what they went through. What little I've heard, man, it .... really really sucks. How's that for thoughtful, intelligent insight? My brother hasn't talked about it to me much. He's been back for two years, actually, seems to be doing fine. Now we just have to wait for his next deployment. It's inevitable, isn't it? If he stays in, he's going to be sent somewhere. My friend's brother has told her a lot. I don't envy her. The big difference there is that she's the big sister, and I'm the baby sister. It doesn't matter if I agreed with them going to war, which I sure as hell didn't. They are soldiers and they go where they are sent and they do what they need to do to follow their orders.

A seperate matter is the fear I feel towards our government. What's next? Iran? Syria? New Zealand? Bad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment