Monday, July 25

Sororalness is powerful!

previously it was the weekend and now it is monday! I was going to slap on a value judgement, but nah, here's my summary instead. After the good news at work, on to the bar(s). Then the forty on the curb, brief chat with Jerry. Then refreshingly deathlike sleep, followed by greazy breakfast, complete with view of awesome storm outside.
On to party prep w/Ms. C. Nasty. Hey? When a little girl tells you the balloons smell like her dad's work, and her sister chimes in "Daddy works with roadkill!", believe the little girls. Don't test the balloons out for yourself. Just give up on the balloons and go with crepe paper. Nah, the balloons were fun, and my face went numb (and hands too, from tying the effers) after like, half an hour, so it didn't even matter.
That party was sooper fun. The members of E's fam that I met are fun. (I'm exagerating about the balloons for what I now realize is very minor comic effect.) Then I went to a bachelorette party for R., a friend from high school. We hit a few Mini Apple hot spots (pretentious bar name-drop alert): Newsroom, Lonetree, Spin, Drink, Barfly, the cough syrup aisle at the 24 hour Walgreens in Brooklyn Heights.
ha! kidding! We didn't make it to Drink. I mean the proper noun of course, not the verb, sillies.
Pics to come if I can get permission. Maybe I'll blur out the faces of the ones where people have underwear on their heads or are making time with statues of newsies (neither, unfortunately, are me, as I was the photog, or paparazza if one prefers).
R. is a sweet girl, none better; and her "Hey Lady" friends are so cool. What a bunch of classy dames. Words fail. But "brev. = s. wit," as the saying sort of goes. And I'm getting a little teary eyed again, believe it?
To briefly sum up Sunday, left R.'s and saw "War of the Worlds" in Elk River w/Ang & Cin. I need to not see that type of disaster movie in the theater anymore. I always leave feeling sort of beat up, whySpielbergwhy? Thank jeebus for the cheap corny happy ending!
Downside: not having broke my fast earlier, I ate movie theater popcorn. Felt a little dirty, because it's apparantly the worst thing for the human body on the planet. Other than being immolated by aliens, I mean.

5 comments:

  1. don't try to deny that you are the curb. be the curb. it's very zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. your link to infertile vertical doesn't work... it has too many http://'s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what I deleted, it wasn't anything good. I think it was "don't remember correcltly" or something along those lines".

    Will fix the link posthaste.

    ReplyDelete