Thursday, July 28

The Past 7 Days....

have been pretty eventful for me. Let's see, last Thursday (7/21) I went fishing with my Dad who came up from Mankato. He is a recovering Meth addict & has been doing very well. It was very hot that day, not a cloud in the sky. Me, being the smart one, applied sunscreen liberally & often. My father, on the other hand, did not. Needless to say, I'm the one that's peeling & he isn't. Stupid universe! Thursday night I got a call from my youngest sister. Mom's not happy again, wants to leave her boyfriend & wants to leech off of her again. I tell her to be strong, say no. Mom's a raging alcoholic with more DUI's than kids. So she takes my advice, good for her. Then my middle sister calls me. Mom called her & sis's boyfriend answered the phone. Mom was crying, blah, blah, blah & so he caved in. Now, how to get Mom from Menagha (near Detroit Lakes) to sis's house. Oooh! Dad is in Brainerd! We'll call him & he can go get her (BTW my parents divorced 14 yrs ago). And on the way he can tell her that she needs treatment (which everyone in our family knows) & maybe this time she'll go!! But after 15 phone calls & 7 voicemails to Dad, he's not answering his phone. So Grandpa goes to get her on Friday morning. I worked 4 hrs on Friday & went home & had a beer. Then went to a bonfire at E's house & had many pitchers of Margarita's along with more beers. Ahhh, how I love beer. Woke up Saturday not feeling the greatest, but not too shabby either. Hmmm, what next? Oh yeah, went to E's & played D&D (I know, pretty nerdy) but it was a lot of fun & oh yeah, had many more beers. Sunday, didn't do much. Went to KFC buffet (yum!) then went to Menards to buy ant killer, chlorine, algae killer, and messiah (rags in a box, those things clean everything up!) Cleaned our pond, that's about it. Monday sis is already calling me "Can you please take Mom?" & 2-3 times a day every day "It's your turn, Mom's coming to stay with you". I tell her that I've already put up with Mom's crap in the past. Plus, do you really think it's a good idea for her to stay with me when I live 3 blocks from the bar? I think not. Tuesday I found out that when Dad was in Brainerd he had no cell service, that's why we couldn't get a hold of him. However, when he found out what was going on with Mom he got so stressed out about talking to her that he broke out into hives & is now on steroids (not the performance-enhancing kind). Needless to say, he won't be talking to her about rehab. Damn. Now when I get home tonightI get to call Mom & try to put together a resume, although I have no faith that any of her past jobs would give a favorable reference. Ahhh, the joys of my life. Oh yeah, I get to worh the next 2 Saturdays too. Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment