Saturday, February 9

Final thoughts

So I've been working on a website at work, and it's kind of cool and fun except that it's just become part of the same shitstorm of frustration and willful bunglage that is work. I think I just invented the word "bunglage". It means that everything tends to go to shit as much as it possibly can - when things go to shit when you hoped they wouldn't but knew they probably would, that, sir, is bunglage. From the latin, bunglar: to bungle, that which sucks or is lousy. But I am no lexicographer, my dears! Bungle, bumble, bugle. I have typed it and thought it too many times and it has lost all meanings. Oh shit, I googled it and it's not really my invention. Okey dokey, I can live with that. I found this blog when I did my search. Coolness.

It seems I can't make a move on the website without some infelicitous (awesome word that I didn't invent) happening. I finally managed to tab the lines of code in line with the IT departments requirements, but a long line of text has fecked up the column widths. Everything is spaced all funny on this little insignificant page, and I just hope I remember how IT guy told me I should fix it when I go back to work on Monday. I think so. I'm just going to abbreviate the long line of text.

Anyway, shit happens, right? I'm clearly running out of steam here, and no matter the paucity of my social engagements, I should be able to find something better to do with my Saturday evening. Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment