Thursday, July 26

Oh nanners

I went to a pic-a-nic last night, you know. Sassafras and marjoram, but was it hot or what? Steamy. And I went into the forest that was near the picnic. And I was lost in the woods! But I wandered on for a while and I found myself again.

Some people at the picnic prepared a Southern delicacy called low country boil. I was nervous, but it wasn't like I expected. Sure, it was crabs, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn and onions boiled together in big, nasty vats. But they took the stuff out of the vats and stacked it neatly in serving trays and the corn and potatoes didn't taste all shrimpy and weird. Also there was an open bar, although they only served until 6:30. Actually, that was a good thing.

9 comments:

  1. wtf kinda picnic has an open bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously the awesome kind. Der! It was a company picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the hell kinda company has open bar and serves low country boil? that sounds like a boil on the lower half of a hillbilly. and nobody wants that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where are you chicky?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, miss you, hope you're ok. I posted a new blog, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is alive... i spoke with her on the phone a few days ago but our conversation was cut short. shortly after i got text that her phone had died.... so she sent me a text from a dead phone? apparently she didn't want to talk to me any longer. anyhow, she is alive! she's in crazy cat lady recluse mode mode but she is, in fact, still with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! The phone did have enough juice to send a text before it conked out again. Some people might have assumed it , but others would prefer to assume that I used a thinly veiled lie to avoid them. Whatever!

    I'm back again, but briefly.

    ReplyDelete